Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bento #1

I've neglected this blog because I really haven't had anything to blog about. I've been working on changing how I eat, but I found myself slipping back into bad habits often, rationalizing fast food and sodas far too often.

Enter bentos. A bento is basically a Japanese packed lunch that focuses both on aesthetics and health. There's a set proportion of carbs to vegetables to protein. While I'm not following traditional bento practices, it seemed to me that preparing packed lunches and dinners like this would help me avoid falling into the convenience trap.

Bento #1 is premade for dinner tomorrow night. It has sliced strawberries, a small tamagoyaki (from Just Bento's recipe), and a pea and sausage quinoa (also from Just Bento's recipe stash).


It's not an elaborate bento with anime characters made out of ham and seaweed, but it's healthy and filling, which counts more for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment